Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Building Frostgrave Archipelago for Historicon, Finished!

Historicon 2018 is over, and it was a great time. I took all my crafting supplies with me to the con and finished the table on Thursday and Friday. I was done at 3pm on Friday, enough time to go back to the room, shower up and then head back to the convention to set up the game. That is cutting it close.

My problem is I can never stop adding on. While working on one piece, I'm thinking about what more I can add to the table. It's a sickness, that I have to actively fight. 

Before we get to the pictures, I want to thank friends and family for direct and indirect help with this project. Alan, Bob, Lou, Caitlin, Tim and my wife, thank you. 

No fancy post, just a huge picture dump of the game. Set up before the game and some in game action shots, and if I can figure out how to post a video, a video.




























9 comments:

  1. Really nice pictures! Table top looks fantastic, even if you did cut it extremely close. 😀
    Hope the GMing went well and the rest of the con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran it twice, both times the good side one, but only by a couple of points. I think fun was had by all. At least that was the feedback I got.

      Delete
  2. Great photos. As previously promised, you'll find several more photos of your game and a bit of commentary on it in the Historicon recap post on my blog, Scrum in Miniature.

    https://miniaturescrum.blogspot.com/2018/07/historicon-2018-running-my-first.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the write up. And Well done on Conan. Too bad I was so busy I didn't get to look at a lot of games. Subscribed to blog

      Delete
  3. yep, cracking table.

    would have loved to play.

    ReplyDelete