Friday, March 10, 2017

Frostgrave Table for Cold Wars 4, Ships

In April 2016, Firelock Games launched a Kickstarter for a 28MM historical miniatures war game set in the 17th Century Golden Age of Piracy. Blood and Plunder is the game, featuring battles on both land and sea.

It was a very successful Kickstarter that completed fulfillment in February 2017. I missed out on this Kickstarter but learned about it, back in Decemeber. I thought their ships would be perfect for my Frostgrave table. 

I contacted Firelock Games and inquired about getting some ships for my game. I offered that I would blog about the ships on my site and feature the ships in my game. They agreed. They said they couldn't send me the full kit, and the Hulls would be factory seconds, but usable. Win win for everyone. 

Now I really don't do reviews on my site, and this is not one, it's just a show and tell, but I have to say these are really great models. I just got the ships and what they call "factory seconds" most manufactures call normal stock. I didn't get the rigging or the masts. But I did get all the metal fittings and Cannons. Normally when you buy the ships you get rigging and masts as well. Wow these guys rock. 

I haven't started painting them, but took some pictures so you could see how cool these are, so here we go.


 Firelock Games, Brigantine fore, and the Frigate in the back.


 Brigantine left, and Frigate right.


 Brigantine bottom, Frigate top


 Brigantine bottom, Frigate top


 Frigate


 Brigantine detail shots


 Brigantine detail shots


 Brigantine detail shots


 Frigate detail shots.


 Frigate detail shots.


 Frigate detail shots.


 Bag of pewter cannons, gun port hatches, rigging fittings and mast supports.


 Frostgrave figures for scale.


 Frostgrave figures for scale.


 Frostgrave figures for scale.


Prepared to be boarded!

I hope to start priming them tonight. I need to finish them so I can get them in the "ice" in my harbor.


I'll blog some more about these as they get painted.

Xin/Jeff






No comments:

Post a Comment