Sunday, February 3, 2019

Battletech New Box Set

A new box set of Battletech just launched from Catalyst Games.


I haven't played Battletech in 25 years, but I always loved the setting of the 4th Succession War. That was some of the first tabletop gaming I did apart from D&D, back in the late 80s. There is also a starter box. I've thinking about getting back into Battletech for at least a year now.


I picked up the full box set, and then went rummaging around my basement for another box set I had from years ago. I found the box from 1992, completely intact. I thought it would be fun to do a unboxing past and present.


Mechwarrior 2 was a hella-good game back in the day.

 I love the new artwork.

 The new maps are very nice. Double sided. And a good selection of terrain types.


The updated sheets are very well done. They do have Mech specific sheets included which I really like. I hope they produce sheets for all the mechs.

The detail on the old plastics is really soft.

Nice new Sculpts with crisp detail.

Easy to see the difference

I wonder if they are still taking applications?


Xin


No comments:

Post a Comment