Saturday, June 14, 2014

Otherworld Troll painted up

This is my first Otherworld Miniature[Link]. Otherworld specializes in recreating iconic Monsters from the 1st addition of AD&D. Really really great stuff. Full metal too, not plastic or Resin. A tad on the pricey side but worth it. This is Troll II[Link] from the Dungeon Monsters line. I would have bought both Trolls but the vendor at Cold Wars only had one left. If you like the old D&D monsters, do yourself a favor and check out Otherworld Miniatures.

I much prefer this version of trolls as opposed to the slightly more cartoon-ish Games Workshop style. Most likely since D&D was my gateway drug into RPG's and Wargaming, some 30 odd years ago.

I am very happy with the way that it came out, and I look forward to picking up the other sculpt at Historicon. Here's the pics.







I have an idea of a troll based warband for skirmish gaming. I need some sort of spellcaster/shaman for my warband. How about a Hag/ Banshee/ Evil women kind of figure? Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks, Xin


No comments:

Post a Comment