Thursday, May 3, 2018

Old World Army Challenge, February

This is the 3rd installment for the OWAC, submitted in February.

The OWAC started on a Facebook group to motivate members to paint old lead lying around for years and years. You have to paint 1000 points, 200 pts a month for 6 months, and a one month miss(mulligan). I took my mulligan in Decemeber.

November is Here
Decemeber Mulligan
January is Here

For this month I went with Harpies. Now Harpies exist in two armies. Chaos and Dark Elves. I had unpainted figures for both. I picked to paint the Dark Elf version as I like that sculpt better. More harpy looking. The Chaos harpies look like Gargoyles to me. Some of these are Resin, but most are metal.






The last shot is all the units together. I still have to add, Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights.

The Chaos Warriors are March's paint job.

Cheers, Xin

3 comments:

  1. These look great!

    1000 points from which edition...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the challenge we got to pick, either 3rd or 4th. I went with 4th, because it matched more of the unpainted lead I had.

      Delete
  2. Those knights and dragon ogres paint jobs are some of my favorites of the challenge. Can't wait to see everything displayed together. ;)

    ReplyDelete