Thursday, May 10, 2018

Old World Army Challenge, April

I finally finished all the painting for the OWAC. The last unit to be painted are the Chaos Knights. I've held off on these guys because I could not find all the bits to complete the unit. I lost the Standard Bearer figure. So I bought a figure off ebay to replace my lost guy.

The figure arrived in early April and I started painting early as opposed to waiting till the last week. I got the bases done, started the riders and started in on the horses. Then I just ran out of steam. I stopped working on them, or I was busy or I was playing Overwatch(my latest video game addiction). Anything but painting.

Finally in the last week, after some encouragement from the other painters in the challenge, I got back to work. I finished on the last day, of course. Got some pics and I was done!!!

Here are the knights. I will do a wrap up post with all the units in a few days.






I didn't paint a design on the plain shields as I can't do that to save my life. I will either buy some transfers or ask a friend to paint them on. What a fun challenge. We have already talked about doing it again, but not too soon. What a great way to motivate  you to paint. I now have a 1000(more like 1300) point chaos army, that I didn't have 6 months ago.

Cheers, Xin

No comments:

Post a Comment