Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thranduil, King of Woodland Realm

I've had the old GW Thranduil figure kicking around in my, rather full, unpainted bin for a few years. I think the figure is ok and held off on painting it, till I could see what new figure GW would put out, for the new Hobbit movies.


They have released the model and I don't really care for it. It's not terrible, but it just doesn't do it for me. Add in that it's Finecast and that kills it for me.  After a bit of searching in my basement, I dig out the old Thranduil and he gets put to the front of the painting queue. He will lead The Mirkwood Rangers and Tauriel who I have on order.

A few nights later and he is done:








 I snapped pics of him from 8 different angles. I was going to make a GIF image out of him spinning around, but if not done right, the constantly moving picture can be quiet annoying. It didn't look too good, so I scrapped that idea.  Instead here are all 8 shots.

Next up, Tauriel and Mirkwood Rangers.

Xin




1 comment:

  1. I prefer the Old Thranduil ! less "decorated" but maybe more "Tolkienish" !

    Excellent painting work !
    Tauriel ? it can't be an old version ... I'm curious to see her !

    ReplyDelete