Wednesday, February 13, 2019

January's Painting Submission for OWAC2

Here is my January lot for the Old World Army Challenge.

As this was the first unit painted, I really struggled to come up with a paint scheme. I must have painted 8 or 9 different trial paint schemes. Not on all, but on 1 or 2 figures at a time. Some of the Xbowmen have 3 or 4 coats in different places.

It was frustrating but with some encouragement from the group, I pushed through and landed on a scheme that I think looks good. I'm still not 100% happy with it, but good enough.

First up is a unit of Repeating Crossbows, a Repeating Bolt Thrower, and an Assassin. I was also painting a single Dark Rider, but had to drop him to complete the challenge in time. I might have to drop the Dark Riders unit from my painting challenge army.

Here's the pics.












February's submission is on the painting table, Witch Elves and The Cauldron of Blood.

Xin

No comments:

Post a Comment