Thursday, February 27, 2014

Building my Asteroid Base

In seven days I'm going to Cold Wars. Time is ticking down on completing my Asteroid base for the X-Wing game I'm running.

Here are some work in progress pics:
Gluing down the first layer of the crater wall



For the 2nd layer, I needed to match the shape of the crater wall. So I smeared paint along the rim of the crater, and then pressed the next layer down on top of the rim. That marked the cut out for the 2nd layer and so on.


2 down, 2 to go.

A good start but a ton more work to do.


Carving out the Rebel base

 Third layer

 4th layer being laid down.

Gluing it all down.

Adding some detail to the interior of the base. AKA Mission creep

So much left to do.





1 comment:

  1. Impressive work on that base !
    and full of useful ideas : thanks !
    I will see the next steps with pleasure and interest.

    ReplyDelete