Monday, March 19, 2018

My Cold Wars FGA game, that almost wasn't.

Another wargaming convention is in the books. Cold Wars 2018 is over, and it's back to reality. CW was a lot of fun and a lot of work. If you've never put on games at a convention, let me tell you, it can be a ton of work, but a lot of fun too. I ran 2 games of Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, that I almost had to cancel.

I was mostly finished with my Mayan/Aztec/Lizardmen inspired jungle ruins. I needed to paint them, and add in vegetation. I also had to lay down flock on my terrain boards, and finish painting the volcano. I had the whole week off to finish the terrain. It would be tight  but doable.

Now I work in IT, and when stuff breaks it has to be fixed yesterday. I get called into work for an emergency IT issue. This pretty much destroys any chance of completing the FGA terrain in time. I hate to cancel games, but I don't see any other choice. I was about to send an email to convention staff about canceling the games when it hit me, to just use my regular Frostgrave terrain. So that's what we did, we played FGA in the frozen city of Felstad.

So on to the pics.











































 In the mausoleum

 One warband gangs up on the Frostgiant, and kills it in 2 turns.

This last pic was Saturday nights game. One of the Wardens cast Earthen Wall over and over to block all the entrances to the castle. At least 4 players got into the castle. It turned into a Gladiatorial Arena with much bloodshed.

It was a good con and 2 great games of FGA. I think all the players had fun. Now I need to finish the Jungle terrain for Historicon.

Xin/Jeff





4 comments:

  1. That ship wreck section is amazing! Glad you got to run your games. Damn work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone would have felt shortchanged playing on that table! It really does look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I think everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete