Friday, February 23, 2018

Temple of the Great Jaguar

I'm working on another piece of terrain for my Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago game that I'm running at Cold Wars. My inspiration for this piece is the Mayan Temple of the Great Jaguar. I love these ruins. I actually built this for a school project when I was 10 years old with Paper Mache and newspaper.


I've learner a little bit about terrain building since them. Also we have access to much better building materials, mainly XPS foam. Not a lot of explaining to do. Just a lot of cutting and measuring. Again like the Huts, lots of math. Just enjoy the pics.


 


































More to come. Stay tuned.

Xin/Jeff




6 comments:

  1. That's going to be imposing on the table! How did you get the cuts for the stairs so straight? And, side question, what is the grey tiled wallpaper in the background of your webpage?
    Looking forward to more progress and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter. It's an Amazing tool, can't recommend it enough. I also use Accessories for the Proxxon from Shiftinglands.com. About the background. I set it up so long ago, I don't remember were I got it.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! I have to source some XPS foam- it looks like it comes a in a greater variety of thicknesses than your standard building foam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 3 main players in the xps foam business, at least in the US. Owen Corning(Pink XPS), Dow(Blue XPS) and Kingspan(Green XPS). Owen Corning is the best. They consistently have better quality and to me seems like a denser foam. Next is Dow, this would be my 2nd choice. Then you have Kingspan, this seems to be a Lowes house brand. It is terrible. It's uneven, rough and does not cut well. That said, it's the only one I can find in the size and thickness I need.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete