Saturday, June 16, 2007

It was a good day at the Garage Sale

With my wife and 2 kids we go out to garage sales almost every weekend. I scour for toys and hobby related items. My wife just likes to look at everything. And the kids, well, they fight me for the toys. Good thing I control their allowance.

Anyway some weeks are better than others. Last week, I didn't buy a thing. This week we scored big. My kids are 10 and out growing their bikes. We hit this Church Rummage sale. We found 2 very nice bikes for $18, for BOTH! One of the bikes is like a $400 mountain bike. Both in great condition.

Now to the good stuff. First I scored a Star Wars Lego AT-AT. I got it for $4 bucks. I think all the pieces are there but won't know until I put it together.

While I was drooling over the Walker, my lovely wife picked up this huge box and shoved it in my face. It was a Simba Castle Playset. I don't have time to set it up as I'm getting ready for an SST game tonight. But for $4 bucks, how can you go wrong?

So we go around to some more sales and we hit another Church Rummage sale. This one had this cool huge Death Star like plastic toy set. I don't know what it was for, but it's gonna be a drop pod or Science outpost or Power Station on my battle table. Here's some pics with figures in for scale. Figs are all SST figures. From left to right, Arachnid Warrior, Chickenhawk, MI Cap Trooper, ExoSuit, Tanker Bug. Click on pics for bigger versions.

Update: Many people have identified this as Techno-drome from Ninja Turtles back in the late 80's early 90's.

Edit: Forgot to mention the huge price tag of this item....$1

More pics here.


Ciao for now, Xin



4 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    Very nice blog! Your terrain is great, and your luck at garage sales far outweighs mine...

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. the deathstar thing looks like teh Brain's subterraining mobile hideout from the Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles cartoons in hte late 80s/early 90s. a little paint and it would look like a cool company-level dropship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Garage-fu is strong... stronger than mine, I must admit. Teach me, O Master!

    Very nice blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete