Laying out the edge of the woods
Gluing the woods flock down. Used Woodland scenics glue, didn't work well. Not thick enough to "grab" the flock. It just absorbs up into the flock.
Making Winter trees. This was almost a "whoops" moment. As we forgot the battle takes place in December. We did up over 100 trees for this battle. Not Museum quality, but wargame functional.
Woods after knocking off the loose flock. Had to go back and redo a lot of areas.
Adding grass/ground flock. I made a custom blend. It should have been browner, but at 1am you have to make do with what's in your basement. I used green/brown paint to "glue" down the flock. Then later, misted the whole thing with a glue spray.
All excess dusted off and collected for reuse.
Railroad bridge and destroyed bridge.
All flock and woods done. You can see white areas, that's the heavy spray of white glue to hold everything down.
Prep work for the river pour of Woodland Scenics Realistic Water. We used tongue and groove insulation, which was a problem for getting a good seam at the board edges. In the futue, the board edges will need repairing after gouging out a river.
First pour, then you have to walk away from the table for a long time. I was very concerned about the milky areas, but over a weekend, they cleared up.
River section after one pour. Have time for one more pour before we head to Historicon.
Destroyed bridge again.
And now I'm off to the dealer area.
Thanks for following along with my build, Xin